In this section you will find information about each class, including the teacher’s name, the class curriculum or topic plans and information of what each class is learning about and evidence of work.
Visit our Forest School which is an innovative educational approach to outdoor play and learning in a woodland environment.
The Woodlands has several different sites:
- The Elms supports KS3 learners who have been permanently excluded
- The Maples supports KS4 learners who have been permanently excluded
- The Bridge supports KS3 learners who are on a short-term placement
- The Willows supports KS2 learners who are on a short-term placement
- The Beeches support KS1 learners who are on a short-term placement
Each site offers the appropriate curriculum for that Key Stage. All learners at The Woodlands are taught in small groups that are often mixed ability. Reasonable adjustments are made to curricular and extra-curricular activities to allow all learners with SEN to play a full part in all aspects of school life. We are extremely committed to equality of all kinds, therefore all school trips/ activities and extra-curricular activities are open to all eligible learners unless a risk assessment has identified that a child’s participation would cause a Health and Safety risk to themselves, other learners, or staff.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.