As part of The Woodlands, The Beeches and The Willows offer Turnaround placements to children who may be at risk of permanent exclusion, suspension or who would benefit from targeted therapeutic support.
Provision for Primary pupils prioritises a return to the referring school, if appropriate, a local mainstream setting or, following assessment an identified specialist school.
- To provide an appropriate short term educational provision that is reviewed regularly
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum with a focus on the development of skills, concepts and knowledge necessary for future learning
- To offer a range of therapeutic interventions to support the academic emotional and well being needs of pupils
- To ensure that pupils are regulated to be able to engage with learning
- To support regulation and resilience through a Thrive ethos, utilising Zones of Regulation, Future Steps and sensory approaches
- Using regular reviews and assessment to prepare and support pupils in their next steps of education
- To inform and support in referral to professional partners
- To work in partnership with parents/carers and professional partners
- To provide information, advice and support to colleagues in the mainstream setting
- Enrichment and enhancement of the curriculum are offered through a wide range of experiences in and out of school, including Forest Schools, Outdoor Education visits and visitors
Whilst attending The Willows staff and pupils create Journals, a forever keepsake documenting both academic and social experiences and achievements from their journey. Each Journal is unique, just like our pupils, showing how every journey is different, individual and personal. At the end of each pupil’s placement their Journal is presented to them to take home as a memory of their time attending school with us.