The WISH Outreach Support Offer
WISH Outreach Support was created in summer 2020. The aim was to support the Local Authority’s Promoting Positive Behaviour document to provide an in-school offer of support for children displaying challenging behaviour which may place them at risk of fixed term suspensions or permanent exclusion.
As part of the Local Authority offer, WISH Outreach aims to support children and schools through periods of challenging behaviour with the intended outcome of maintaining pupils in their mainstream provision as an alternative to an off-site placement at The Woodlands.
Support from the WISH Outreach Team can only be accessed through the Primary Inclusion Panels which are held each month. This may consist of any of the following methods of support: –
- Visits from the Outreach Coordinator and either verbal or written advice.
- Visits from the Outreach Coordinator with written advice and the allocation of an Outreach Support worker to deliver an agreed programme of support of up to 3 half day sessions for a period up to 10 weeks.
- The allocation of a Future Steps Assessment appointment through The Woodlands.
- Advice and Support from the Woodlands Primary SENDCO.
- The arrangement of training in De-escalation or Team Teach at Level 1, Level 2 or Advanced Level for schools through The Woodlands Team Teaching trainers.
The bespoke Pathways of support draw upon resources from a wide range of sources but are underpinned by the Woodlands Primary’s ethos built around the THRIVE approach and Nurture provision. We aim to support children with their Social, Emotional, Mental Health needs as a means of facilitating their re-engagement with their school curriculum and learning.
To discuss any issues relating to WISH Outreach you can contact any of the following: –
Sharon Henderson – Deputy Head, The Woodlands email@example.com
Ian Lockey – Outreach Coordinator, The Woodlands firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. 01740 656 040 option 2 followed by option 1 or 2