We enable all children to engage fully in all aspects of school life. To do this, we:
- Ensure that all children with SEN are fully included in all activities of the school in order to promote the highest levels of achievement
- Ensure that all pupils have access to the school curriculum and all school activities, for example; additional adult support to model and support learning.
- Ensure every child has the entitlement to a sense of achievement through celebrating progress with parents, for example; class charts, awards, Head Teacher’s Awards, messages home
- When planning activities such as visits and trips, SEN children are considered to ensure they can fully participate, for example; staff will visit venues and complete the relevant risk assessments.
- We seek advice, change resources/equipment and access training
At The Woodlands, all teachers are teachers of SEN. Our provision starts with the philosophy that, regardless of ability, all learners deserve access to a broad and balanced curriculum that is suitably differentiated to their needs. As well as special provision for SEN, we realise that all children learn in different ways therefore teachers incorporate a range of different activities within their lessons.